FICCI is organizing the sixth edition of ‘Private Security Industry Conclave (PSIC) 2018’ on August 03, 2018 at FICCI Federation House, New Delhi. The inaugural address to the Conclave will be given by Mr. Shiv Pratap Shukla, Minister of State for Finance while the valedictory address will be delivered by Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. Stakeholders from across industry verticals are expected to attend.
The theme of this year’s programme is ‘Job Creation and Skill Development,’ and the objective of the conclave is to bring together experts from the government, private security industry, state controlling authorities, service users, and other stakeholders to discuss and debate various central and state legislative and policy issues affecting the functioning of private security industry.
Issues concerning GST will also be flagged and put before the MoS Finance.
There is an urgent need to upscale the standards and professionalism for the training of security officers and the process involved in the licensing of private security firms and the registration. Key focus areas of the Conclave this year will include:
• Job creation and skill development in the private security sector.
• MANTECH – Integration of security personnel and electronic security.
• Standards and professionalism for the training of security officers.
• Combination of manpower and technology as a security solution.
• Best practices for the proper enforcement and implementation of PSARA in the state.