ASIS International has announced that Dave N. Tyson, CPP, will serve as its 2015 president. Tyson will be the 60th president of ASIS, succeeding Richard E. Widup, Jr., CPP, who will become ASIS chairman of the board in 2015. Both Tyson and Widup will also serve on the Board Management Committee of the Board of Directors. The Board Management Committee directs the activities between meetings of the full Board. These volunteer leaders maintain the strategic continuity of the programs, products and services ASIS provides.
The full 2015 ASIS Board Management Committee is comprised of five people:
• President: Dave N. Tyson, CPP, Senior Director, Global Information Security, Business Process and Technology, SC Johnson & Son, Inc., Racine, Wis.
• President-elect: David C. Davis, CPP, Senior Manager, Sector Security, Northrup Grumman, Fairfax, Va.
• Treasurer: Thomas J. Langer, CPP, Vice President Security, BAE Systems, Inc., Arlington, Va.
• Secretary: Richard E. Chase, CPP, PCI, PSP, Chief Security Officer and Vice President-Security, Safety, and Environmental Health, General Atomics, San Diego, Calif.
• Chairman of the Board: Richard E. Widup, Jr., CPP, Associate Director, Global Corporate Security, North America, Mead Johnson Nutrition, Evansville, Ind.
The office of the secretary was filled through an election by the Board of Directors on Sept. 29 at the ASIS International 60th Annual Seminar and Exhibits in Atlanta
Two new members were elected in August to serve on the Board of Directors, and will serve a three-year term (2015-2017). They are:
• Jaime P. Owens, CPP, Security Branch Supervisor, Autoridad Del Canal De Panama, Panama City, Panama
• John A. Petruzzi, Jr., CPP, Vice President Enterprise Security Operations, Time Warner Cable, New York, N.Y.