The Indian Railways will soon launch a mobile application ‘ePatrolling’ to keep an eye on Railway Protection Force (RPF) employees during their escorting duty in the trains. This step will ensure passengers’ security and safety during the long hours’ ride in trains. The control room will track the RPF Jawan’s locations through the app and will take instant action in case of any emergency or negligence.
It will be introduced for trains in Delhi-Mumbai, via Jaipur, sections after its successful testing at some other major stations of the country. According to a railway official, the ePatroling app will be launched in Rajdhani and other express trains first. The installation process will be completed in January. The first phase will cover all the big railway stations of the Western Railways which comes under Mumbai section route. Prefabricated QR codes will be placed in the express trains.
Usually, four to five RPF officials are deployed on patrolling duty in trains including premium, mail and express trains, which generally cover long distance routes. The communication between security personnel and control room of the railways takes place through wireless technology. After the installation of the ePatrolling app, the safety of the passengers will be ensured with just two RPF officials on duty in the train. The app will reduce the manpower and will increase the safety of passengers.
• Prefabricated QR codes will be installed in the trains. The RPF officials on duty will be made to install the ePatrolling application in their mobile phones.
• In every two hours, RPF Jawan on duty will have to scan the QR code placed in the train using the ePatrolling app.
• The Control room will get the live update and location of the RPF official every two hours after he\she scans the QR code.
• The control room will be able to give any information regarding any emergency to the RPF official through the app.
• Control room officials will be able to trace the location of the on-duty staff and will be able to send them to any emergency spot accordingly.